At Northcity we believe:
- The Paipera Tapu (the Bible) is the inspired and authoritative word of God.
- There is one Atua (God), creator of all, eternally existing in three persons; te Pāpā (the Father), te Tama – Ihu Karaiti (the Son – Jesus Christ), and te Wairua Tapu (the Holy Spirit).
- Ihu is truly God and truly man. We believe in his virgin birth, sinless life and miracles; that he died on the cross and rose bodily from the grave, in order to reconcile people to te Atua and one another.
- All people are sinful and, apart from the grace of God, are eternally lost. Salvation is through repentance and faith in Ihu Karaiti as Lord, and is publicly expressed by baptism in water.
- Wairua Tapu is God and is God’s life within us to enable us to live like Ihu. He makes available to us God’s power and spiritual gifts so that we can continue the ministry of Ihu Karaiti.
- Te Hāhi (the church), God’s hope for the world, is God’s whānau on earth, and is commissioned by Karaiti to make disciples.
- We believe in the historicity of the Karaitiana (Christian) tradition represented by the Nicene and Apostles’ Creeds.