At Northcity we believe:
- The Bible is the inspired and authoritative word of God.
- There is one God, Creator of all, eternally existing in three persons; the Father, the Son – Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus is truly God and truly man. We believe in his virgin birth, sinless life and miracles; that he died on the cross and rose bodily from the grave, in order to reconcile people to God.
- All people are born sinful and, apart from the grace of God, are eternally lost. Salvation is through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ as Lord, and is publicly expressed by baptism in water.
- The Holy Spirit is God and is God’s life within us to enable us to live like Jesus. He makes available to us God’s power and spiritual gifts so that we can continue the ministry of Jesus.
- The church, God’s hope for the world, is God’s community on earth, and is commissioned by Christ to make disciples.
- We believe in the historicity of the Christian tradition represented by the Nicene and Apostles’ Creeds.